Serious Federal Felonies
Stockton, California Attorney Allen Sawyer
Offering unparalleled federal criminal defense from its Stockton, Sacramento, and Northern California locations, the Law Offices of Allen Sawyer provides representation for persons charged with serious federal felonies in the state of California. Federal criminal defense attorney Allen Sawyer relies on his vast experience and depth of legal knowledge to successfully defend a wide range of serious federal felony cases.
Effective Defense against Serious Federal Felonies
Being charged with a crime that is considered a serious federal felony means you potentially face extremely stringent penalties and punishments. Federal prosecutors often have extensive resources at their command, as well as the support of federal agencies, to secure your conviction with the highest possible punishment. It is critical for persons charged with serious federal felonies to obtain a criminal defense lawyer who is both knowledgeable and experienced in defending criminal cases at the federal level. Federal criminal defense attorney Allen Sawyer has a strong understanding of a wide range of federal laws and has years of experience successfully defending cases in federal courts. As a seasoned federal criminal defense attorney, Allen Sawyer is poised to take on even the most complex cases of serious federal felonies.
Classification of Serious Federal Felonies
Federal felonies are categorized into five classes, ranging from A to E, with Class A federal felonies ranking as the most serious. Persons convicted of Class A serious federal felonies may face prison sentences of life terms while paying fines upwards of $250,000. Class E, considered the least serious of federal felonies, brings less stringent punishments, such as fewer than five years in prison and maximum fines of $5,000. It is crucial to secure a skilled federal criminal defense attorney when charged with a serious federal felony; such a lawyer is essential in helping navigate the specific requirements of your case and devise the best possible strategies. Federal criminal defense attorney Allen Sawyer possesses a record of success defending a wide range of serious federal felony cases.
Types of Serious Federal Felonies:
Federal crimes that rank as serious federal felonies are broken into a range of categories that include the following:
- Drug Crimes: Ranging from manufacture and export, to distribution and drug trafficking, drug crimes are among the most serious federal felonies. The Law Offices of Allen Sawyer handle a range of drug crimes that qualify as serious federal felonies.
- Violent Crimes: Allen Sawyer has extensive expertise defending violent crimes at the federal level, including murder, manslaughter, assault, child sexual abuse, and more.
- Property Crimes: Ranging from destruction of property (e.g. arson) to theft, burglary, and larceny, Allen Sawyer provides defense for these as well as the following federal property crimes:
- White Collar Crimes: These serious federal felonies are non-violent, and often financially motivated, crimes involving the wrongful assuming of someone’s money or property. Felonies in this category handled by Allen Sawyer include the following:
- Firearm Crimes: These serious federal felonies involve a range of firearm offenses, including illegal possession, transport, and use during a crime or felony commission. Federal criminal defense attorney Allen Sawyer also handles federal weapons violations cases.
- Immigration Crimes: From improper entry, illegal reentry, smuggling/transporting/harboring aliens, to immigration-related fraud and more, federal criminal defense attorney Allen Sawyer takes on tough immigration crime cases.
- Environmental Law Defense: Involving a range of matters, including pollution, waste management, food production, and more, Allen Sawyer offers thorough defense of serious federal felonies related to environmental law.
- Child Pornography: This serious federal felony involves possession of child pornography as well as using children for the purpose of creating pornography.
Facing serious federal felony charges necessitates the involvement of an experienced federal criminal defense attorney working at the top of his or her field. Allen Sawyer will endeavor to help you understand the nature of the serious charges you’re facing. He will work conscientiously toward getting serious federal felonies charges dropped, or will fight doggedly in federal court to provide the best criminal defense—and the best result—possible. If you’re facing serious federal felony charges, don’t wait. Contact the Law Offices of Allen Sawyer today.
Successfully Fighting Federal Crimes
When credit card fraud is connected to interstate or foreign commerce, it is considered a federal crime. Statutes such as 18 U.S.C. § 1029 exist for prosecuting violators of federal laws. Used for what is broadly known as “device fraud,” 18 U.S.C. § 1029 makes it a felony to make, use, or traffic in unauthorized or fake credit cards, debit cards, or gift cards (a.k.a., “access devices”) knowingly and with an intent to defraud. Beyond 18 U.S.C. § 1029, other federal laws exist for prosecuting federal offenses related to credit card fraud, such as identity theft, burglary, mail or email fraud, wire or bank fraud, money laundering, unauthorized computer access, and more.
If convicted of credit card fraud, you can receive a sentence of up to 15 years in federal prison and can expect to pay fines ranging up to $250,000 as well as possible restitution. Being convicted of fraud can have a lasting negative impact on a person’s life going forward.
Credit card fraud cases can be exceedingly complex. As your federal criminal defense attorney, Allen Sawyer will assess the details of your specific case and develop a strong plan for defense, taking into consideration that federal prosecutors must prove that a person charged with fraud acted knowingly, willingly, and with the intent to defraud in order to convict.
Contact an Attorney Now
If you’ve been charged with a federal crime, it is essential that you secure representation by a California criminal defense attorney who does not shy away from the challenges of criminal defense at a federal level. California federal defense attorney Allen Sawyer knows how tough federal prosecutors can be. Having spent a portion of his career as a prosecutor uniquely equips him to anticipate and defend against the most skilled of federal prosecutors. If you’ve been charged with a federal crime, time is of the essence. Don’t wait: Contact The Law Offices of Allen Sawyer today.